March BJP

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I finally finished March! My neighborhood has a number of corner curb gardens. Here's a picture of one that is mostly lavender but others are full of different flowers. In March a lot of flowers, especially bulbs, were starting to bloom and I enjoyed walking around looking at the little gardens. I decided to depict one of these for my March BJP.

I originally considered trying to do something that was more an actual picture but I figured it'd take me far too long and I'd never get caught up! What I ended up with is more representational but I'm pleased with the way it came out. I used fabric and beads on the bottom to depict dirt and embroidery floss to do the stems. There are a lot of trees in my neighborhood and a couple of the little gardens even have a small tree so I made the outline & branches to represent a tree. I was a little afraid it would overwhelm the piece but now that I'm done I think the flowers are holding their own. The first clump with purple beads is lavender, then daffodils, tulips and a rosebush. So now it's onto April and hopefully I'll be caught up soon!




10 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Its cute. I searched for a better word but just came back to cute. Not as original as your piece is, thats for sure. Its simplicity only adds to the beauty. The butterfly and dragonfly charms are the perfect touch. The beads on floss stems are perfect.

Great piece.

Cyndi L said...

Oh how sweet, Robin! It doesn't matter if you get behind as long as you create wonderful little treasures like this :-)

Robbie said...

Your piece turned out QUITE nice!! I really like how you left the 'sky' open! Nice beading!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, and so delicate. I also like the little charms. Very pretty!

a2susan said...

What a delightful garden! I can imagine a stroll through it on a nice sunny day.

Margaret Sutherland said...

How nice and springy this piece is...the lavendar is particularly fetching!

Robin said...

Totally lovely and sweet, Robin!!! I love it that many of us did something about flowers for May... yet they are all so very different. Your flowers are recognizable while not looking overworked or heavy. The choice of thread embroidery for the stems was brilliant!

Robin A.

robin michelle said...

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I had a lot of fun working on this, it felt cheerful to me!

Dees said...

this piece is sooo sweet!

robin michelle said...

Thank you Dees!

 
One More Stitch. Design by Pocket