October Done!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here is my October bead journal project. It is based on the poem Fire & Ice by Robert Frost. I had originally planned to completely fill in the fire side & then my daughter suggested leaving it unstitched at the top to give more of a sense of flames. I like the way it came out!

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
~Robert Frost

6 comments:

Robin said...

These are so wonderful, Robin!!! I love them both... and love the concept as well. You make me want to bead poems. I agree with Jill that the flames look more flame-like with the top un-beaded. Good idea! Long ago I read Fire and Ice... nice to revisit it both visually and verbally! Robin A.

KV said...

Beautifully done, Robin!!! Robert Frost has always been my alltime favorite poet and you have captured the feeling perfectly.


Kathy V in NM

Anonymous said...

Thank you both! My only problem with the poem idea is that I have so many favorite to choose from!

pam T said...

Oh! very cool! what a great idea to bead poems... I'm sure it will spur on others to the same! Your beading fits this poem perfectly...

heidibeads said...

It sure does look like Fire and Ice - wow. I like the way you did the flames. So cool to use poems. I would have never thought of that.

robin michelle said...

Thanks - I'm glad you like it! I'm having a lot of fun matching the beading to the spirit of the poem.

 
One More Stitch. Design by Pocket