I worked on my mermaid this weekend and started Mrs. Freddie. The mermaid is looking a bit more glittery - I added quite a few beads. I tried size 11 but they look too large so I had to use 15. My eyes are feeling the strain! Mrs. Freddie is almost completely outlined and then I'll start giving her some character. The outline beads are cranberry. They look sort of purple but in daylight they look cranberry. She's going to be mostly pink, with a little blue maybe. Or maybe some green. We'll see.
I ordered the 2011 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue and it came on Saturday. It's full of ornaments I want to make! I'm going to look through my stash and hopefully I'll find everything I need. I'm feeling very enthusiastic and full of energy to get things done. Not sure how long it'll last!