February BJP Finished!

Thursday, March 18, 2010



I finally finished February! It took awhile and I'm not entirely sure what it means but here it is. Since each month is supposed to be a journal of what's going on in my life that month I was waiting until about half-way through the month to start. I put the rose cameo on Feb 13th and then worked a little around it on the 14th. On the 15th a close friend of mine died. I stopped working on it after that and didn't start again until the 1st week of March. There are a lot of tears on this because I thought about him every time I picked it up to work on. My original thought when I had started February was a kind of nebulous idea of something along the lines of "looking for love in all the wrong places" as a satiric homage to Valentine's Day and some not so great choices I had made. Once I started working on this again and thought about it, I realized in a way it still fit. My friend Paul was one of the right places I looked for love. He was one of my closest friends and always there to listen to me gripe & complain. He loved my bead stuff too. I have some pretty heart beads he had sent me after he moved and I wanted to include one on this but when I finished it just didn't seem to fit so I'll save it for another project. I halfway wanted to do this all in dark beads to reflect how I felt but I could imagine him coming back to haunt me for being morbid and weepy! He was a happy person and laughed a lot and that's how I want to remember him and I do when I look at this. I mostly did wavy lines - through no plan, it just came out that way. Maybe because I've felt not so stable this past month. But it's done and I'm fairly pleased with it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty and a lovely tribute.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Beautiful work and very much a lovely tribute as Barbara said.

Cyndi L said...

I can see the tone change half way through your piece. I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. I hope this piece will bring you comfort through the years.

Penny said...

This piece 'moves' -- and seems to reflect this major change in your life with the loss of your friend. One of these days, when the pain is not quite so fresh you could do another one as a tribute to your friendship filled with the love and laughter and joy that he brought to your life. Isn't beading a wonderful way to move through life's paths.

Crazy Mama said...

i am very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. what my eye keeps coming back to in this piece is the little trail of hearts that leads to the center rose. lovely piece.

Marty S said...

I'm sorry that you lost such a wonderful friend. I hope this page always brings back happy memories of him. It's beautiful.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

robin michelle said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. It seems odd but the beading really does help in dealing with grief. Somehow putting all those beads on helps with perspective I guess.

beadbabe49 said...

Beautiful pieces...I really like seeing how different you and robin are in your work.

robin michelle said...

Thank you. We are definitely different!

 
One More Stitch. Design by Pocket