December BJP

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Since the release of the Lord of the Rings movies, beginning in 2001, December has been LOTR month for me. For a few years I was re-reading the trilogy every December. The last couple of years I haven't so I have some catching up to do!

Anyway, it seemed appropriate to base December's BJP on something from LOTR. This is one of my (many) favorite poems from the books:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.



10 comments:

Robin said...

Your piece and the poem definitely make me want to cuddle up and re-read the trilogy, which I haven't done for some years now. Mr. T could really write, couldn't he?! Your elegant depiction of the poem is just perfect! Robin A.

robin michelle said...

Thanks Robin! The whole time I was beading, I kept thinking I should start re-reading now!

Brenda said...

One of my all time favorite (all 3) books! Great job on the translation of poem to beadwork.

KV said...

A great favorite of mine, also. Wonderful job on this piece . . .


Kathy V in NM

robin michelle said...

Thanks Brenda & KV! I was pretty sure I'd find LOTR fans among beaders!

heidibeads said...

Perfect! I must say that I love the movie and this makes me think of it. I also think I may just have to read it now. Great page!

pam T said...

As always, great job of beading the poem! I like it a lot!

robin michelle said...

Thanks Heidi & Pam!

CC said...

Looks like alot of us like the story!!! And your piece! Good work!
Warmest aloha,
CC
http://hrhcc.blogspot.com/

robin michelle said...

Thanks CC - it is a great story!

 
One More Stitch. Design by Pocket